Christmas Memories🎄

It’s a very breezy 61° on the porch this morning. The coffees hot and perfect. It doesn’t “feel” like Christmas at all. It’s so warm! Actually, I love the temps.  
I’ve been thinking back to Christmas when I was a kid. It would be around this time mom would put up our tree. Our tree was always a freshly cut cedar. It was cut by mom until Greg and Bruce were old enough to cut the tree. It always went in her bedroom, right in front of the double window.  My dad loved the tree. I remember when he brought in the first twinkle lights. Back then, if one went out, the whole string went out.  I remember when he bought the stereo. And Christmas albums.  I remember the smell of the records, the smell of the Christmas tree, wondering how on earth could Santa get down our chimney with the wood stove. I remember asking why we didn’t let the fire go out so Santa would be safe. I remember hanging a sock behind the stove and finding an orange and banana along with hard candy and crème drops pecans and Brazil nuts in that sock. I remember having a hard time going to sleep Christmas Eve and waking way before sunrise Christmas morning.  I remember sneaking into my parents room to see what Santa had brought.  I also remember going to Western Autos toy room looking at toys making a “wish list” with Scottie tagging along taking notes. They were slick you know. Mom would give the nod yes or no to our wants. Scottie would then have the list pulled and put on lay away. Hmmm.  So that’s how they did it.  
Please continue to remember to pray for those affected by the storm.  Pray for our community and state. 
I love all y’all!❤️
Have a blessed day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As 2021 ends…..